Wednesday, March 26, 2008

this trend can now officially die

You know, I am a fan of pop music -- always have been. To the grave dismay of my friends and now my husband, I'm a singles kinda gal. I don't care that much about albums, unless they are
a) Exile on Main Street
b) Maggot Brain
c) New Amerykah
d) Shoot Out the Lights
e) Laughing Stock
f) The Blues and the Abstract Truth.

Anyway, I like singles. And in the 80s, I liked them even more than I do now. So imagine my joy at discovering the latest internet meme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

You got RickRolled! Okay, done now. Old people get it, your trend is finished. Thought I will probably still think the random playing/direction to/interruption of events with this song is kind of funny for at least another week or two.

Also? In case you were wondering? The Kareem Abdul-Jabbar blog for the LA Times is completely great. Scroll down and look for his post on why people always thought he was so angry -- this is hilarious.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I need to take a lesson from Kareem. I always get angry when the bunnies screw up the lyrics to We Are the World.

Kathryn said...

By the way, I want to note that my vote for Katrina and the Waves is informed by my experience in Belfast in 1998 during one of the bad years of the Drumcree crisis, where the sinister vibe of a bonfire night full of drunken teen boys and a 4-story bonfire with "no Dublin interference" on the top was broken by the sound of "Walking on Sunshine" being played at top volume by a local DJ. Cognitive dissonance. Gotta love the 80s.

 
Creative Commons License
A Microscopic Cog in a Catastrophic Plan by Laura Lorson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at witheringexhaustion.blogspot.com.